Last updated: April 28, 2017
The ‘UMANG’ refers to the services being provided through UMANG mobile App, UMANG website- https://web.umang.gov.in, UMANG SMS short code and UMANG toll free IVR. Through UMANG, you can access and avail services, offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and their agencies and utility services from private organizations (hereinafter referred to as service providers), on-boarded on UMANG. You can use UMANG application in different ways such as, for service discovery, availing of services, finding out relevant government schemes, what is trending and so on. UMANG allows you to create your favorite list of services and also search the services available on UMANG. UMANG aims to provide a personalized experience and also recommend services based on your personal and usage details.
- What all types of information are collected from you?
- Your personal, educational, demographic, location, device and other similar information may be collected. The information collected by us shall depend on the services being used by you and may vary from time to time which will be informed through changes in this policy.
- Completing your profile shall help us provide you better user experience such as pre-filling the forms with available information (which can be edited), providing service recommendation based on your personal information etc.
- Your usage details may be used for the necessary analytics purpose, to enhance your experience such as recommendations based on usage history, reminders for services getting due etc.
How do We use Your Personal Information and/or collected usage data/statistics?
- Your Personal Information shall help us customize the service(s) offering and enhance your experience in future
- Device and location information shall help us in adapting the content/display as per your device and/or recommending you the services according to your location, usage etc.
How do We handle/manage your Personal Information
- All your personal information shall be stored in encrypted form and shall only be shared with our registered Service Providers on the need basis to deliver the requested services
- None of your Personal Information shall be shared with any other individual and/or any other parties without you express consent except that required by or under applicable laws
- Except for the purposes mentioned above, most of the collected Personal Information shall only be used for user categorization/classifications for the purposes of analytics
- When you register with UMANG, then you need to provide your personal information such as name, mobile number, e-mail id, address, phone number, gender, date of birth, Aadhaar No. and any information that may be required by us for allowing you to access the UMANG App/Portal and for availing the services offered on the App/Portal.
- In case you wish to sign up for UMANG Account using your Aadhaar number, then the e-KYC information from UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is collected and associated with your UMANG Account.
- We collect information such as Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses, Domain name, Browser type, Operating System, Date and Time of the visit, Pages visited, Referring URLs, IMEI/IMSI number, Device ID, location information, language settings, Handset Make & Model etc. However, no attempt is made to link these with the true identity of individuals visiting the UMANG App or Portal.
- We do not share/ disclose any information with any individual or organization (public or private) unless and until it is required by law or it is authorized by the account holder.
- We allow you to review any information or content prior to submission with our registered Service Providers for service delivery.
- We allow you to delete your account any time you wish. We will remove all your Personal Information from the system so that it is not visible and/or accessible from any regular operation. However, the Personal Information shall be retained in an encrypted manner for the purposes of legal requirements/ compliances for a minimum period of three years from the date of deletion/termination.
- After deletion, in case you wish to recreate the UMANG profile the same is permissible and none of the previously captured information will be populated automatically. You need to register as a fresh user.
- If you simply delete/remove the UMANG applications from your mobile device but do not delete your profile or deregister yourself from the UMANG, you shall continue to be a registered User of the UMANG and we shall continue to send you all promotions/ newsletters/ notifications, that you have opted to, unless and until you opt-out of such communications.
- If the Aadhaar signup method has been used, the UMANG will use eKYC information residing with UIDAI. To keep a user’s Aadhaar details in sync against updates in UIDAI database, UMANG shall re-fetch Aadhaar eKYC information when a user avails an Aadhaar-based dependent service. This re-fetching shall happen only if the more than 72 hours have expired since the user last availed an Aadhaar-based dependent service.
- Personal Information collected may be used by UMANG and its registered Service Providers inter alia, for:
- Providing services to you and/or facilitating services delivery
- Sending promotional features/materials to you regarding UMANG and services offered from various government organizations and their agencies pan India and, private organizations providing important utility services
- Enhancing the efficiency/quality of services offered on UMANG
- Resolving any disputes that may arise with respect to the transactions/ deals that you may conduct using UMANG
- Monitoring user activity and preferences as evidenced from user’s activity on UMANG to provide a better experience in future
- Detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate Our policies or that may be illegal or unlawful
- Conducting research or analyzing the user preference, demographics as statistical data and not as individual data
- Any other purposes required for offering the services on UMANG and/or for enhancing user experience
- Any purpose as may be required under applicable laws.
- Personal information as submitted and/or captured may be shared with law enforcement agencies and other Government departments if the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology/NeGD has a good faith/ belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of UMANG System, other users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- It will be a constant endeavor to protect the system from unauthorized access or unauthorized alterations, disclosure or destruction of information. In particular, all the information will be held in encrypted form and the communication channels for accessing the portal and transfer of data is encrypted using SSL as permissible under the law. Further, multi-factor authentication has been deployed to ensure authenticity of the user.
- In case of any grievances, you may send your complaints for redressal to: firstname.lastname@example.org